Good Shepherd

Good Shepherd

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

D&C 46

Seek ye earnestly the best gifts

                I have wondered about what gifts I possess; at first I could not really determine anything. After looking over my patriarchal blessing I have seen the blessings I have been promised. One thing that is mentioned at least three times is that I am intelligent. Although I do not see myself that way, but heck, maybe I am intelligent! It does not say I am a genius and maybe it is a gift I need to work on, to magnify through study and prayer.
                My dad always makes fun of the fact that his blessing says that he will have “clarity of mind” in his old age. He chuckles and usually says something to the effect of, “I can’t wait to get old I could really use some clarity of mind.” The gifts of spirit differ for us all, and from what I have seen the gifts come to us at different times. My dad will probably need clarity of mind the most in his old age that is why it is promised to him then.
                What I really wouldn’t mind having is the gift to be comforted. Sometimes I feel like that is my worst problem. I can become all flustered and stressed, and then it is hard to just calm myself down or to be comforted by other people. Also to just feel at peace when things go wrong would be great, particularly now when I am far away from home, away from my parents and family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment