Good Shepherd

Good Shepherd

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Doctrine and Covenants 10:36-37

                Sometimes I do feel it is hard to tell the righteous from the wicked. I have experienced this confusing phenomenon the most here at BYU. When I came to BYU I thought, “Gosh I am going to a Mormon school, I will be surrounded by Mormons all the time and they will be righteous and good.” I have since learned that although most of the student here are Mormon despite their religion they are still people and make some mistakes. Although I would not classify some of my fellow students as wicked I would not wish to spend too much time with them. The Holy Ghost has guided me to good friends and I am so thankful because I have had a hard time distinguishing the better from the best as it may be said.
                The first sentence of this scripture is particularly important to me. Sharing my testimony is a big deal to me and very few people have heard it. It is there and it is strong but I feel like it needs to be shared with those people who will hear it with the care I have taken to bare it. So I will “show it unto the righteous.” A testimony is very special and dear and should be shared with those who will hold it with the respect and care it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment