Good Shepherd

Good Shepherd

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

D&C 64:33

“Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation for a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.”

                Sometimes we all do things that are required of us but we feel that it is unimportant.  There are people who are called to be bishops and relief society president who are doing big jobs for the Lord. It is hard to compare my calling to their callings and see my calling as being of worth. I am the “relief society media coordinator”. This sounds fancy, but really what it means is that I make the bulletin board. Although my job is small, it does have a purpose. I keep people informed of what is coming up and birthdays and such things. It is fun to make the board and to decorate it, but at moments it seems to be more of a crafty hobby rather than a calling from the Lord.
                My job is small, but if I did not do it who would? I should not be weary in my well doing. My small calling, although small and dispensable, is from the Lord. It is helping to build the kingdom, one informed ward member at a time.
                It may also seem at times that the rules we are following are menial. Do not smoke, do not drink coffee, are a few of the rules that the world see as small and ridiculous. Each time we obey one of the small rules we are proving our willingness to obey the Lord in all things. Obey the big rules like not killing is not all that hard, but restraining from calling your sibling a name is very hard. So with small choices and obedience we are building the kingdom of God and we should not be discouraged because of the little recognition given to those small efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment